Windows 10 aims to make your daily work as easy and hassle-free as possible. This enhanced comfort is to be taken with a grain of salt though: Windows 10 quite freely shares your personal data with Microsoft and certain apps. Some services protocol your entire keyboard entries, share your WLAN access data with your facebook contacts or connect your computer without asking permission to a public and potentially unprotected network. While this means that you and your contacts do not have to grapple with complicated WLAN passwords, it also poses a significant security risk.
Windows 10 lets you deactivate most of the privacy endangering features manually, but not all in one place, and not especially easy to find.
O&O Software's freeware O&O ShutUp10 means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by making recommendations and giving tips for which unwanted functions should be deactivated. And should you change your mind later on, e.g. giving the personal assisstant Cortana a try, all changes can be reverted with a single click.
Free Antispy tool for Windows 10. O&O ShutUp10 means you have full control over which comfort functions under Windows 10 you wish to use, and you decide when the passing on of your data goes too far.
|Version||Date Released||Release Notes|
|1.4.1386||13.12.2016||New Settings – Disable Microsoft from conducting experiments on the system – Disable Tips, Tricks und Suggestions while using Windows – Disable occasional app suggestions in the Start menu When closing, message about Restart after Windows updates|
|1.3.1358||14.06.2016||The'quiet' option was not being correctly considered during import. New option 'nosrp' prevents creation of System Restore Points. This applies to import over a command line, particularly combined with the option 'quiet'. It also applies to starting the application normally, so no SRPS are created.|
|1.2.1353||03.12.2015||Italian as new language integrated (next to German, English, Russian and French) Settings changed while loading an admin profile in user mode are now counted correctly Settings can now be correctly exported in user mode 'Skype' removed from the apps settings because it is not available as app|
|1.1.1346||04.09.2015||Import and Export of settings. Import via Scripting. Simultaneous scan of settings and their descriptions. Optically highlighting search results. Bug fixes.|
- O&O Defrag 14 Professional Edition v.14.1.431Fragmentation can drastically slow down your computer.
- Privacy Eraser Free v.4.21.3Privacy Eraser is an all-in-one privacy suite that protects your privacy by cleaning up all your Internet history and past computer activities.
- Hot Virtual Keyboard v.8.5Create Your Own Virtual Keyboard. Hot Virtual Keyboard makes previous-generation on-screen keyboards look ancient. Type faster with configurable mouse gestures, launch programs, browse the Internet, and run macros with any of the 70 keyboards.
- Platinum Hide IP v.188.8.131.52Use Platinum Hide IP to keep your real IP address hidden, surf anonymously, secure all the protocols on your PC, and provide full encryption of your activity while working in Internet, all with the click of a button without any configuration.
- PureVPN Mac VPN Software v.5.5.0PureVPN's VPN service has a redesigned Mac VPN client that comes with hack-proof encryption and a new protocol: IPsec. The new client offers essential features like multi-language support, revamped UI, StealthVPN Protocol and OSX Sierra compatibility ...
- SSuite Writers D-Lite v.2.8.1This writers tool has just enough functionality to start you on writing that important novel, short-story or article, without any bells and whistles to distract you. Get writing from the first moment you start the application.
- ScanIt v.2.0Obtain data from images of graphs scanned from articles or available as image; define locations of the graph's axes, pick points, scan points or scan curves, copy the scanned data to Excel or save to file.