File Splitter Utility v.1
File Splitter Utility 1 brings you a powerful tool which is comprised of a simple UI that interfaces with a simple controller class. It enables you to control buffer size while splitting/erasing a file, which results in a big speed difference. Includes a shredder utility which deletes file(s) and make it impossible for other programs to recover them. The project introduces some nice features of the Streams present in the .NET Base Classes. Stuff that would be lots more code in C++ can be cut down considerably. It also provides for tying events & delegates between the tiers (UI, Controller, Processing). Major Features:FileSplitter / File Joiner ClassesThese classes expose a set of simple methods and an event called ProgressNotify. This event will just provide the percent of completion of the task in process. There's further control capabilities for tuning of the size of the internal buffer used along with the size of the file segments. Not all properties of the class are utilized by the UI. It also just uses a simple filename mechanism for the output files. If the input file is called Test.zip, the segments are called Test.zip.0, Test.zip.1, etc. ControllerWithin the UI project, there's a controller class that is responsible for accepting the requests from the UI and spawning, using the ThreadPool, a worker thread.The constructor for Controller accepts the form and a delegate on that form that will process the progress updates. The form has a handler as well that just updates the progress bar within the status bar using OwnerDraw.MainFormThe main form is simple. Double clicking on the File Name text field just brings up a file selection dialog. Choosing a file, then either Megabytes or Kilobytes, then click "Split File".When joining files, if the file chosen doesn't end in a '0' (indicating it's the 1st in the series) you'll get an exception. Also, it's only smart enough to join files in sequence numerically. If there's file missing on the join, it will continue without fail - although this is probably not the correct behavior a simple change to FileJoiner could deal with that.The other interesting thing is having a progress bar appear on the status bar within a panel.That is accomplished using the following - 1st add the progress bar to the controls collection
File Splitter Utility 1 brings you a powerful ...
- File Splitter Utility
- Nadeem Afanah
- Windows 95, Windows Me, Windows XP, Windows 2
- 366 Kb
Review File Splitter Utility
- Binary Functions Library v.2Binary Functions Library 2 is a kind of libraries which is able to support DLLs which expands its limitations to create robust applications. This library includes almost all bitwise functions you will imagine, such as Left Shift, Logical Right Shift, ...
- Custom Draw DLL v.1.0Custom Draw DLL 1.0 offers you a professional and highly-efficient system tool. If you know about Custom Draw and/or WM_CTLCOLORxxx messages, and you plan to handle them in VB, then the pulisher recommend that you use this DLL. It is very easy to use ...
- Subclassing DLL v.1Subclassing DLL 1 is one of the most marvelous tools which can subclass the procedure of any foreign window (a window that belongs to another process)Since this feature is not possible with normal SetWindowLong() API function. Subclassing means ...
- EF CheckSum Manager v.7.00EF CheckSum Manager is a program designed for the integrity examination of files on the standard formats SFV, MD5, SHA1, SHA256 and SHA512. They can verify existing checksums or create new checksum for your important data.
- IDisksoft File Recovery v.2.6.92iDisksoft File Recovery is a professional file recovery software for Windows to rescue file and document lost due to accidental deleting, formatting, virus infection, improper operation, unexpected power failure, and other reasons.
- Free Music Player v.1.2.0Free Music Player plays all popular audio formats, like mp3,wav and wma, which can manage your playlists according to the information available in your music files.
- Lotus Notes Archive Viewer v.9.4By new version of Lotus Notes archive viewer tool any one can convert all data with attachments of Lotus Notes to MS Outlook format. Convert Lotus Notes to Outlook software is base on Hi-tech technology. Instantly convert main.nsf and names.nsf files.
- File Splitter to split/separate two v.9.0File Splitter to split or separate two or several, multiple Files Into many Software. Use this great file splitting software to to split large files of pretty much any size or type. This file splitter software will easily break up large files (no ...
- FileButler v.3.0.4FileButler 3.0.4 is designed as a utility running on local drives, server shares, and removable media. Some features are a duplicate file finder and a picture viewer. It improves productivity in business environments by allowing the user to focus on ...