Text Ticker v.1.0
Text Ticker is a little program which scrolls the contents of a text file at the top or bottom of the screen. The text appears in a so-called "appbar" which is similar the the Windows Taskbar. All settings- font, color, text file, etc.- are saved between sessions.
The popup menu is available by right-clicking either the ticker or the tray icon. It has a variety of options:
- Show the ticker at the top or the bottom of the screen;
- Hide the ticker (but leave it running);
- Display (or not) an icon in the Windows System Tray (next to the clock). If the tray icon is disabled, it will still show up if the ticker is hidden.
- Font can use any font installed on your system, including any size and color available. Note that some combinations do not work well.
- Color selects the main, or background, color of the ticker.
- Speed controls how fast the text moves across the screen. It has two control settings: Scroll Distance and Scroll Delay. Scroll Distance is how many pixels the text moves at a time. Scroll Delay is how often, in milliseconds, the text moves. Note that some combinations do not work well. Speed can also be adjusted with the arrow keys on the keyboard. The left and right arrows decrease and increase the scroll distance. The up and down arrows alter the scroll delay. Of course, the ticker must have "focus" for the keys to work, so click on the ticker first.
Any text file- in fact, any file at all- can be dropped on the ticker and the program will begin to scroll that file's contents. A file can also be browsed for and loaded by selecting Load File on the menu.
If Default is clicked on the menu the font and color settings will be retuned to those used the first time it is run. This can be handy if things get hard to read.
When the ticker is hidden, only the tray icon gives access to the program. In this case, the menu only offers Restore, Help and Exit.
Left-clicking the tray icon alternately shows and hides the ticker.
Scrolls contents of text file across screen .
- Text Ticker
- Slashback Software
- Win95, Win98, WinME, WinNT 4.x, WinXP, Windows2000
- 247 Kb
Review Text Ticker
- Find Shortcuts v.1.0The window that appear as Find Shortcuts starts is similar to the Find Files window that comes with Windows 98. Most of the elements (menus, buttons, etc.) should be familiar. Shortcuts can be tested to see if they are still valid.
- JPG Collager v.1.2JPEG Collager is a JPEG (and BMP) viewer which shows each image in a window without any border. The best way to see how it works is to play with it a bit, but here is a summary of use. You can open any number of images. Images can also be opened by ...
- m3uEdit1 v.1.2m3uEdit is a VERY simple m3u playlist creator/editor. You can drag-n-drop ANY type of files from Windows Explorer and they will be added to the end of the playlist. You can drag the filenames around to get them in the order you want.
- 1 Click & Go v.1.29941 Click & Go looks as a Windows toolbar designed for easy access, open and execute files and folders that you often use. Program similar well-known Microsoft Office Panel, but not lose configuration in case of a system crash.
- Alkaline for Linux v.0.1Alkaline formed out of an idea while I was working with an inverted version of Murrine Clean Glass.
- GObject Introspection v.1.31.10GObject Introspection's goal is to describe the APIs and collect them in a uniform, machine readable format.
- ArchCursorBlue v.0.0.2ArchCursorBlue is a blue cursor theme based upon Arch Linux's logo.
- Text Pilot Library v.1.01Text Pilot library extends standard Windows API function TextOut. Library provides 3 following functions: * text output drawing based on a line * text output drawing based on a circle * text output drawing based on a curve ...
- Text2PDF Pilot v.1.20Converts RTF and text documents to PDF files. The program supports different PDF security options, password protection and different compression modes. Using batch conversion mode, you can convert a large amount of documents.