DarkWave Studio v.5.6.4
DarkWave Studio is a free Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) / modular virtual music studio for Windows. You can easily use the built in sequencer, bundled DarkPlug machines and third-party VST effects and VSTi instruments to create music. DarkWave Studio allows the connection of machines in an ad-hoc fashion. The installer ships with both a 32-bit and 64-bit version.
DarkWave consists of the following main parts:
Studio (Work With Machines)
Pattern Editor (Create Pieces Of Music)
Sequencer (Arrange Patterns Into A Song)
Multi-track Hard Disk Recorder (Master Your Music)
The following plugins are included with DarkWave:
ES Audio Input (Allows For Input From Sound Card)
ES Arpeggiator (Play Arpeggios With A MIDI Keyboard)
ES ControlChange Mapper (Map Control Change Events From One Index To Another)
ES MIDI Input (Use MIDI Keyboards With DarkWave Instruments)
ES MIDI Output (Sequence External MIDI Synthesizers)
ES AntiAlias (32x Digital Oversampling)
ES SpatialVerb (Room Modelling Reverb Unit)
ES Stomp (Rave Kick Generator)
ES BassHead (Subtractive Virtual Analog Synthesizer)
ES DGenR8 (Virtual Analog Drum Machine)
ES QuadDelay (Echo And Chorus Effect)
ES Mixer (8 Track Mixer With 2 Auxillary Tracks)
ES Distort (Basic Overdrive Distortion Effect)
ES Crunch (Limit Bits Per Sample Anywhere From 16 To 1 Bits)
ES StereoSplitter (Split An Input Stereo Signal Into Left And Right Output Mono Signals)
ES StereoJoiner (Combine Left And Right Input Mono Signals Into A Single Output Stereo Signal)
ES Scope (View Generated Waveforms In Realtime)
ES Control Monitor (View Control Messages)
ES DownStepper (Sample Rate Reduction Filter)
Highly Optimized 64-bit Double Precision Precision Audio Processing
Incredibly Fast And Small Download
Low Latency ASIO And DirectSound Audio Output Support
SSE2 (Streaming Single Instruction Multiple Data Extensions) Optimizations.
High Performance Digital Audio Workstation.
|Version||Date Released||Release Notes|
|5.6.4||08.03.2017||Added a 'Merge Project' feature to the File menu allowing users to load machines from a project without deleting the machines from the current project.|
|5.6.2||04.01.2017||Added a new machine called 'ES DownStepper' which is a sample rate reduction filter.|
|5.6.1||19.12.2016||Improved ASIO support.|
|5.6.0||08.12.2016||Improved compiler settings for faster processing.|
|5.5.9||09.11.2016||Updated installer using NSIS 3.0 release (stable).|
|5.5.8||08.10.2016||New installer using NSIS 3.0 release (stable).|
|5.5.7||28.09.2016||Code signed installer.|
|5.5.5||15.07.2016||Improved font readability and rendering code for HD recorder tracks.|
|5.5.3||07.07.2016||Fixed a problem causing MIDI CC messages not being sent to VST instruments when controlling machine parameters with the Pattern Editor.|
|5.5.2||29.05.2016||New digital certificate.|
|5.5.0||30.03.2016||New signed trusted installer.|
|5.4.2||21.02.2016||Fixed a bug in the new font rendering with ES BassHead.|
|5.4.0||05.02.2016||Added a new machine called ES Control Monitor. With this you can view control messages from MIDI input and other machines that output control messages.|
|5.3.0||31.12.2015||Removed OpenCandy. Replaced DownloadAdmin.|
|5.1.2||09.12.2015||Improvements in multithreaded performance and stability.|
|5.1.1||24.11.2015||Decreased the CPU usage of ES Scope by only drawing when new data has been written to the audio input port.|
|5.1.0||11.11.2015||Added a new machine called ES Scope for viewing generated waveforms in realtime.|
|5.0.2||28.10.2015||Disabled full duplex (audio input) by default with the DirectSound driver.|
|5.0.1||20.10.2015||Fixed download issues.|
|5.0.0||19.10.2015||Removed OpenCandy. New installer downloader by WebInstall.|
|4.9.8||09.10.2015||Project upgraded from Visual C++ 2013 to Visual C++ 2015.|
|4.9.7||07.10.2015||Fixed a bug causing the input connector of the Audio Output machine to intermittently not display text.|
|4.9.6||30.09.2015||Fixed a race condition causing audio output skipping to occur when an attempt to connect incompatible machine ports caused a warning dialog box to display.|
|4.9.5||08.09.2015||Added support for MIDI messages other than note on, note off, and control change.|
|4.9.0||08.08.2015||Fixed a bug causing the program to close when an attempt to save a project fails.|
|4.8.1||30.06.2015||Corrected a small bug in the DirectSound options dialog which was causing the program to crash when the options were newly creation, after a fresh install or when the 'Clear Options' Start Menu item had been used.|
|4.6.7||14.06.2015||Default Beats Per Minute Reduced From 140 To 80. Default Ticks Per Beat Reduced From 16 To 4. Machine To Machine Mixing Audio Signals Limited To Valid Range Of Values.|
|4.6.6||02.04.2015||Removed BetterInstaller From Setup.|
|4.6.5||19.03.2015||Fixed Minor Problem With Installer.|
|4.6.0||21.02.2015||Fixed A Bug With The 8-Bit Audio Output Code Which Caused Severe Distortion.|
Review DarkWave Studio
- DarkWave Studio v.5.6.4DarkWave Studio is a free Digital Audio Workstation (DAW) / modular virtual music studio for Windows. You can easily use the built in sequencer, bundled DarkPlug machines and third-party VST effects and VSTi instruments to create music.
- MIDIPlayer v.2.11MIDIPlayer is a free MIDI file player with detailed file information display including individual track details.
- Proxima Controller v.1.11The Proxima Controller is an application that allows you to use the mouse and computer keyboard to play external MIDI devices such as synthesizers and tone generators. It supports patch changes, pitch wheel, mod wheel, and MIDI channel selection.
- MixPad Masters Edition for Mac v.4.17MixPad Multitrack Mixer Masters Edition allows users to create audio productions within minutes of downloading. Mix and unlimited number of voice, audio, and music tracks. MixPad for Mac has all of the multitrack features an audio professional needs.
- Total Player v.2.5Total Player is a strong and fast audio player for Windows empowered with all the features you may want.It has a playlist editor, ID3 multi-tagger, eight-band equalizer, skins and many more... all within an easy-to-use interface ...
- MarksMan v.1.0.1MarksMan is a tool for iPod users who enjoy listening to audiobooks. It allows you to see all of the bookmarks which the iPod has stored, and to change them. You can individually set an arbitrary bookmark time on any book, or reset the play count.